Wednesday, June 8, 2011

TRUE GRIT (2010) REMAKE

This movie was very good for a remake. Academy Award winner Jeff Bridges plays Rooster Cogburn, a role once made famous by John Wayne. Bridges puts his own take on it just like Wayne did. Plus I see Jeff Bridges getting another Oscar nomination for his role. The supporting cast isn't that bad, Matt Damon plays a Texas Ranger (Glen Campbell in the original). John Brolin plays the bad guy, now i had one thing wrong with this movie, it was Josh Brolin's character he appears 20min near the end of the film. He is billed as a Top Star in the credits and poster and... Well I'll just leave it to you movie goers to see why I have a problem with it. Now a young actress by the name of Hailee Steinfeld blew me away. She is someone to watch out for in the coming years.

The Cinematography was very smooth and very good. It made the movie feel like a western from the 1960's. This movie is easily in my top 5 of 2010. The Coen Brothers really now how to make a good movie, I cant wait to see what they write or direct next.

True Grit (2010) REMAKE gets 9.5/10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin